Solar Calculations and Cable

TwoBlocked

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Due to my being able to identify problems and make improvements to a small solar system for a radio antenna, I am being tasked to make it more robust. There's some basic things and some specific things I could use some help with from you fine folks.

First, what readily available cables are listed for connecting panels to control boxes? I thought I saw SOOW on a cable provided with a panel, but that doesn't seem right.

Second, what apps are available for making calculations for panel wattage, panel azimuth, and panel vertical angle? In this situation, the critical thing is providing enough power to keep batteries charged in the dead of winter. And so also need to know what battery capacity is needed. Yes, I will need to input the lat, long, lowest temp, and the load on the system. The load itself is cyclical. Like 7 amps to 10 minutes an hour and 2 amps the other 50 minutes - 12 volt system.

I want to avoid the tossed-together mess I described in a previous post.

pv_n00b

Due to my being able to identify problems and make improvements to a small solar system for a radio antenna, I am being tasked to make it more robust. There's some basic things and some specific things I could use some help with from you fine folks.

First, what readily available cables are listed for connecting panels to control boxes? I thought I saw SOOW on a cable provided with a panel, but that doesn't seem right.
PV Wire
Second, what apps are available for making calculations for panel wattage, panel azimuth, and panel vertical angle? In this situation, the critical thing is providing enough power to keep batteries charged in the dead of winter. And so also need to know what battery capacity is needed. Yes, I will need to input the lat, long, lowest temp, and the load on the system. The load itself is cyclical. Like 7 amps to 10 minutes an hour and 2 amps the other 50 minutes - 12 volt system.
System Advisor Model (SAM) is a free program that can help you with system design. There are other programs out there but they are usually $$$.