Solar simulation software for sales designs/permit packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom08588

Occupation
Engineer
We currently use Aurora, but we notice it is very expensive and comes with several features we are currently not using. I've looked into Helioscope, BlueSol, PVSyst, Solargraf....we want to find a cheaper options than Aurora that possibly integrates the ability to generate permit packages. Has anyone had success or prefers a certain software over another?

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
You might check out Scanifly, although it requires that you send someone with a drone to the site to take a bunch of pictures. We use it for input to AutoCAD for design and it was a game changer for us. It blew Aurora out of the water.

tom08588

Occupation
Engineer
wow, that does look interesting, but unfortunately we won't be able to use a drone on each sales proposal. Each designer does up to 30 proposals a day, and we would have to use google/bing/eagleeye/nearmap imagery.

MJRobinson

We currently use Aurora, but we notice it is very expensive and comes with several features we are currently not using. I've looked into Helioscope, BlueSol, PVSyst, Solargraf....we want to find a cheaper options than Aurora that possibly integrates the ability to generate permit packages. Has anyone had success or prefers a certain software over another?
I use EnergyToolbase and Aurora. I like the ability to place Aurora Models in Energy Toolbase Proposals. If you looking for a source for cost effective permit sets, I do those: http://michaeljrobinson.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.