Solar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len

To install a solar system and take advantage of the tax credits you must be RESNET certified (this is suppose to be voluntary). To qualify for your cert. you must have 3 solar installs under your belt. So how do you get someone to let you put a solar system in when they cannot take advantage of the credits?
Any ideas on this subject????

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
Solar system! big job let God do it ; more in his line of work...
Some ares ,residential, no need for cert. so you could do 3 installs.

ty

Bucks County, PA??

If you are in PA, then you are not entirely correct.
To be an installer in the Pennsylvania Sunshine Grant Program, you could, in fact, be an installer on a probationary period until you get the 3 installations. You will, of course still have to meet the certification requirement of an accredited training program.

Len

Yes I understand you can have a 1 year prob. period but to get someone to install a system without any chance of the grants or tax incentives it is impossible.
The best thing for me to do is find another installer who would let me work on their job to get my credits. I would even donate my labor....
I am licensed master electrician in NJ, Philadelphia, and hold my PA master electrician cert. if you know anyone who would consider helping me.

ty

Under your probationary period, the customer still qualifies for their rebate, and the Federal Tax Credit.

And what PA Master Electrician Cert are you tlking about? A new state-wide license that I am unaware of?

Len

Their is a state electrical exam. Not required everywhere. Pottstown for example, if you do not have your PA master electrical cert. you are not doing electrical work there.
Wish it was like that everywhere.....
Pa also has master electrical cert. which again is not required YET.....

ty

BTW, Len, I spoke with Lyndsie (i dont know how to spell her name) at the PA office today.
And she re-confirmed, that while on probationary period, your customer still qualifies for the PA rebate, BUT, you have to send in all paperwork PRIOR to commencing installation, and wait for the State's approval. Then you go ahead as normal.
PA is on teir 2 rebates for residential customers.

They were completely exhausted of funds for commercial systems, but they recently got $4million which they think will last through July. It seems commercial customers have hit that sector hard.

HotConductor

Their is a state electrical exam. Not required everywhere. Pottstown for example, if you do not have your PA master electrical cert. you are not doing electrical work there.
Wish it was like that everywhere.....
Pa also has master electrical cert. which again is not required YET.....

Pottstown only accepts ICC.

Status
Not open for further replies.