Solodrive 1061/s LED Driver Dimming Leads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkyrick

Do the 0-10V purple and gray dimming leads need to be in separate conduit from power conductors? I can't find anything in the documentation that came with the fixtures, or on Solodrives website either. Grrrrr. Anyone have the answer?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Do the 0-10V purple and gray dimming leads need to be in separate conduit from power conductors? I can't find anything in the documentation that came with the fixtures, or on Solodrives website either. Grrrrr. Anyone have the answer?
Does the documentation say anything about the control leads being Class 2 limited power? If it does and does not state explicitly that they can also be operated as Class 1, then you must separate the wires from the power wires. But you do not necessarily need to put them in conduit.
If there is no mention of limited power in the documentation, I suppose you could treat the control leads as Chapter 3 and route them accordingly.

sparkyrick

Does the documentation say anything about the control leads being Class 2 limited power? If it does and does not state explicitly that they can also be operated as Class 1, then you must separate the wires from the power wires. But you do not necessarily need to put them in conduit.
If there is no mention of limited power in the documentation, I suppose you could treat the control leads as Chapter 3 and route them accordingly.

It says nada, zero, zilch. I know when we do Walmarts, the store lights have the same purple and gray dimming leads and are run along with the 277 power wiring inside the 8' lights with THHN wire from the front to the back of the store with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.