Spa disconnect mounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jksmith82

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Hi Everyone,
I trust everyone is having a good day so far. I am mounting a spa disconnect on the outside wall near the spa. The wall is vinyl siding and the house is not plywood it’s that wallboard type covering, ? I normally mount disconnects with toggle bolts on this type sheathing. Does anybody else have a better way of doing this or a good type of fastener that you can recommend. The smaller the hole in the vinyl the better. Thanks for all the help. Have a wonderful rest of the day.

Jim

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
BTW, about 25 years ago we did a house with vinyl siding--- Nothing behind the vinyl...good thing I asked about it.. We had to block wherever we had a light. Even the flood lights in the eaves had to be blocked

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Read the front of the box in the pic above. The advantages are listed.

There are also excellent for mounting TV's on walls with steel studs.

I am aware of the box info. I assumed they cost more and wondered why they would be worth it for the op's application

SSDriver

Occupation
Electrician
I am aware of the box info. I assumed they cost more and wondered why they would be worth it for the op's application

These toggles are much easier to use than standard toggles, especially if you have 4 or more holes. You drill the hole, insert the toggle, pull the toggle tight with the flange, toggle stays in place on its own. You can install all the toggles before mounting the box. You can usually remove the box/reinstall and the toggle will stay in place inside the open space without falling down. Since they stay in place you don't have to hold the box and pull to put pressure on the toggle while tightening. They really help out with heavy boxes or panels.

jksmith82

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Larry,
I used the toggles today. They worked flawlessly. I liked the fact a plastic piece, kind of like a grommet, filled the 1/2 hole and guided the screw onto the toggle. I will definitely keep these on my truck. Thanks again.

Jim

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Larry,
I used the toggles today. They worked flawlessly. I liked the fact a plastic piece, kind of like a grommet, filled the 1/2 hole and guided the screw onto the toggle. I will definitely keep these on my truck. Thanks again.

Jim

That's why we're here. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.