Spa Tub

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I always run a 12-3 with a spilt wired receptacle, from a single pole or double pole GFI breaker, depending on if they add the auxillary heater or not. Yes, it's more expensive, but I only do high end houses for high end builders, so cost is not a big issue, just homeowner convience and asthetics. (one or two less devices cluttering the bath room walls)

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
And your question is??????:) I have done one hydromassage tub in my life that required 2 circuits and I have done $5 million dollar homes. I really don't think most people use them. They are for show, IMO.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
And your question is??????:) I have done one hydromassage tub in my life that required 2 circuits and I have done $5 million dollar homes. I really don't think most people use them. They are for show, IMO.

Your probably right on the show part:), I have had six of them use the heaters over the years, after the first one that I did not have the extra circuit available, I made sure I had it just in case from then on. They added it after ceilings were finished, (all wood) second floor master bedroom in a three story house, 2x12 floor joists, not trusses. I did not want to have that fun again.

Status
Not open for further replies.