Spare Conductors??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike01

I have a situation where we are removing some 480V equipment (4/0 conductors) the owner wants the cables removed to an adjacent j-box as a emergency just in case ckt. or for future use. With the availability of someone accidentally energizing the feeder what are some percusations to take in order to insulate the conductor in the pull box is taping adequate of is there some kind of ?boot? 600V class I could utilize? Unless someone makes a wirenut for a 4/0 conductor..

celtic

Remove them from the breaker.....heat shrink a cap over both ends [tape would work just as well]...tag both ends.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
William1978 said:
Try a polaris block that should work.

I agree, or a 2 hole insulated tap would work well. You'll be ready to hook right onto it should you ever need those wires.

Last edited:

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Mike01 said:
I have a situation where we are removing some 480V equipment (4/0 conductors) the owner wants the cables removed to an adjacent j-box as a emergency just in case ckt. or for future use. With the availability of someone accidentally energizing the feeder what are some percusations to take in order to insulate the conductor in the pull box is taping adequate of is there some kind of ?boot? 600V class I could utilize? Unless someone makes a wirenut for a 4/0 conductor..
if they are in an adjacent jbox how would they get energized?

Status
Not open for further replies.