Speakers and ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobhook149

If i wanted to hook up an i pod to some speakers all i would need is the speakers and an input for the ipod right? Do you need any kind of amplifier?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
An iPod is capable of driving earphones and little else. The level is also suitable for feeding into an audio input, which is why it won't drive speakers beyond a whisper.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
what do you need to boost it and where do you put it? Really have no experience with this stuff.
Let's make it easier: You have an iPod, and you want the sound audible.

Do you already have speakers?

What do you have that's able to drive them?

If you like, PM me for my phone number.

Article 90.1

If it is an iPhone before the 3Gs models, you will need an adapter to output from the headphone jack, because there is a contact for the microphone. The 3Gs models allow a standard (I think they call it) 8mm headphone plug. Alternately, most iphones and ipods can output audio through the dock connection. But to answer your question, yes you will need some form of amplification.

I've tried numerous FM transmitters with ipods/phones, and all I'll say is save your money, your best bet is always the corded connection.

cadpoint

Why don't you just spend some money and buy a host base that has speakers?

Theres plenty of brands that can host ipods and some with other bells and whistles.... and as low as 25.00 :roll:

cschmid

Why don't you just spend some money and buy a host base that has speakers?

Theres plenty of brands that can host ipods and some with other bells and whistles.... and as low as 25.00 :roll:

I am with cad point here you can spend as little as 40 dollars or several hundred and even get the ipod to work in your vehicles radio..

S'mise

ipod amplification

ipod amplification

If you have an amplifier or receiver just use the aux input.

yes, Amplified pc speakers work good too.

Regularkevin

With my 30 gig Video I use my powered computer speakers. They are old Altec Lansings; two speakers with volume control and a subwoofer.

This is the simplest way to set up the ipod. If you have a DeWalt radio then you can get the stereo cable and plug that in to the Aux input on the radio and crank it up.

I notice some line loss through my home stereo; the digital to analog processor isn't very robust, to say the least. Perhaps a amplifier, like what is mentioned next, would help out in this application.

If you wanna spend some serious $$$ and breathe some life into the iPod go to ZVEX and check out the ZVEX iMPAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.