Split Control

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I've been seeing these receptacles a lot more often on jobs. I posted a question recently about one.

This one has no wiring detail but would obviouly need two hots based on the circuits shown, correct? What about the neutral? Two of them needed? One of the outlets in the duplex is fed from sa relay panel so that may change neutral requirements.

1726749737652.png

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I don't know what the plan is showing with both circuit numbers but if it's one circuit it's one hot, one switch leg, and one neutral. The receptacle tab on the hot side is broken.

If it's two circuits both side tabs are broken.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I don't know what the plan is showing with both circuit numbers but if it's one circuit it's one hot, one switch leg, and one neutral. The receptacle tab on the hot side is broken.

If it's two circuits both side tabs are broken.
I assume one circuit is the relay panel and one is the power panel. Haven't gotten that far yet.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Not sure what #1 and #49 means but you cannot have two circuits on one receptacle if there is no way to simultaneously disconnect both circuits.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
This is a pic of the relay panel schedule on the drawings. The UP-1 panels are power panel. You can see Up-1 circuit #28 is a controlled receptacle. So IMO the circuit runs from the power panel to the relay panel and out to the load(receptacle). Just not sure if any additonal wiring because of the relay panel.

1726755288861.png 1726755318260.png

Last edited: