Split Control

Electromatic

Occupation
Master Electrician
I would imagine that for the two receptacle numbers: One number is the circuit number and the other is the relay number. So for example: Circuit #31 goes to the relay panel and is connected to relays #50 and #51. The switched hots come off those relays to the switched half of the receptacles and circuit #31 continues on to the unswitched half. This is of course just speculation without the full plans. If there's no other legend or detail, time for an RFI.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Always wondered about that.

I know each receptacle can handle 20 amps, but if you had two circuits, you could potentially have 40 amps on that one device. They are rated for that?
I look at it more like 20a at 120v plus 20a at 120v is 20a at 240v.

If you split a duplex into two 120v circuits, that's what you would have.

If both halves were on the same circuit, you'd be limited to 20a total.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

So why muddy the waters Larry, just look at 210.7

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

You are looking at it as MWBC which is not what 210.7 is addressing.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I would imagine that for the two receptacle numbers: One number is the circuit number and the other is the relay number. So for example: Circuit #31 goes to the relay panel and is connected to relays #50 and #51. The switched hots come off those relays to the switched half of the receptacles and circuit #31 continues on to the unswitched half. This is of course just speculation without the full plans. If there's no other legend or detail, time for an RFI.
Well that what I thought but the panel schedule as you can see doesn't seem to indicate that. But based on the floor box picture I posted they are obviously running 2 hots and 2 neutrals for each duplex.