sprikler bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk528

wondering if any one can explain to me how to supervise sprinkler bell wiring on load side of relay going to bell?

nhfire77

You would need to have a second circuit to monitor the contact side of a a relay.

There is no "load side" do you mean the coil?

more info needed...

24 VDC or 120 VAC?

Is the bell the only device on the circuit or??

jk528

24 vdc bell the way I would do it in the past was to put a power eol at the flow switch to at least supervise from the panel to the switch,but I would like to figure out the proper way to suprvise the whole circuit.The plan was to run 24 volts from the panel go through the flow switch to the bell cant figure out how to supervise from switch to bell,addressable system.

jk528

sprinkler bell

sprinkler bell

24 vdc bell the way I would do it in the past was to put a power eol at the flow switch to at least supervise from the panel to the switch,but I would like to figure out the proper way to suprvise the whole circuit.The plan was to run 24 volts from the panel go through the flow switch to the bell cant figure out how to supervise from switch to bell,addressable system.

nhfire77

So the Flow switch is activating the bell, its coming off the aux terminals on the panel. Right?

What do you propose to supervise the power, a monitor module with a relay that is powered, like a 4 wire smoke loop?

The technically correct way to perform supervision would be with a Addressable Notification Module, not a "control/relay". You cannot properly supervise it on the other side of the WF switch.

A lot of guys just use a addressable relay. There is no way to supervise it that way.

Last edited:
We use what ******** calls FCM (Control Module).
24v which is supplied off the FACP AUX. term, is wired to term 3 and 4 if I remember (line) and 6 and 7 (load). The SLC passes through to let the FACP monitor it. When power drops out to the FCM a trouble/supervisory signal is shown(Power Loss) message shows up on the FACP.

Status
Not open for further replies.