SQ D I-Line Busway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davebones

We have a pump room in back of building .Roll up doors ,no ac . Management wants a I-line busway in there .Has roof but high humidity ( In Florida ) Would indoor I-line busway be ok in this enviroment . 480v ac ?????????

farmaped

If it's a feeder bus, consider outdoor rated or switch to cable bus.
If it's a plug-in busway, again consider the "sprinkler proof". It's an "OK" installation, just not the best. Any electrical equipment you install will have the same issues.

cadpoint

I assume that this will be a closed installtion design of a bus way.

I think it's a real nasty enviroment to install a busway
here's one lead manufacture site and a few quotes:
http://static.schneider-electric.us/docs/Electrical Distribution/Busway/5600CT9101.pdf

These are taken from around page 34 of 138

NEMA Publication BU1.1-2005 is provided with each busway project as a guide for proper
installation, operation, and maintenance of busway products. This publication addresses such areas
as inspection of all electrical joints and terminals for tightness, prevention of entry of water and
contaminants into the busway, instructions for what to do if water and contaminants do enter the
busway, and other maintenance topics. This publication is also available upon request by contacting
your local Schneider Electric representative.
Other publications we recommend to help ensure the highest quality of product performance are as
follows:
— NFPA 70–National Electrical Code (U.S.)
— NFPA 70B–Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
— NEMA BU1–Busway Standard published by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association
— CSA C22.1–Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1

Drip Resistant to IP-54
Some indoor busway is subject to occasional water exposure, such as roof leaks or sprinklers. While
this application does not require the full protection of outdoor busway, additional protection is needed
for the indoor busway. The drip resistant feature is tested to the International IEC-529 standard and is
rated as IP-54. This rating specifies protection from dust (“limited ingress permitted with no harmful
deposits”) and water (“splashed from all directions with limited ingress permitted”).
This feature is available as an option with indoor plug-in and feeder busway. It is identified by the
addition of “M54” at the end of the standard catalog number. To maintain the UL label, however, an
IP-54 rating product needs to be sized as a “Low Current Density Busway.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.