Square D breaker model #

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkSafe

Square D QOM100VHCP

Anybody know what the 'CP' designation at the tail end of this model number indicates? I am awaiting response from Schneider, but figured some of you would know this......

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Square D QOM100VHCP

Anybody know what the 'CP' designation at the tail end of this model number indicates? I am awaiting response from Schneider, but figured some of you would know this......
Does this help?
http://www.schneider-electric.us/?LinkServID=3F5C7AFB-215E-545B-E0AA6B19AFF7BBB5&showMeta=0
Position 10 -
Consumer Product
?CP? = Consumer Products
CP only applies to Homeline
load centers with six spaces
or less and QO load centers
with eight spaces or less and
does not change the product.

Last edited:

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Square D products sold at 'home centers' should all have a CP as part of their part number on their packaging. This is to differentiate them from the products sold through wholesale distributors. The products themselves are identical, this is strictly a packaging issue.

This helps with tracking products to prevent "purchase at the cheap place and return to the expensive one". Another reason is, many of the 'home center' breakers are sold in separate blister packs, while the ones across the distributor counter are often in 'broken packaging'. I first notice this practice back in the mid 80's.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Square D products sold at 'home centers' should all have a CP as part of their part number on their packaging. This is to differentiate them from the products sold through wholesale distributors. The products themselves are identical, this is strictly a packaging issue.
They're not always equal. The blue store carries (or did) a 200a main breaker in a 3R enclosure whose catalog number Graybar can't even find. You have to buy the breaker and enclosure separately, for quite a bit more money.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
They're not always equal. The blue store carries (or did) a 200a main breaker in a 3R enclosure whose catalog number Graybar can't even find. You have to buy the breaker and enclosure separately, for quite a bit more money.
I did not say the different channels offered all of the same products. I said that for a specific base catalog number everything was identical except for the packaging: a QO260GFICP = QO260GFI. They do not manufacturer different quality parts based on the "channel to market".

The reality is, each channel has a different selection of part numbers they can purchase and re-sell. For many years the home centers have had 'packages of panel and breakers' not available to wholesale distributors. In a similar vein, wholesale distributors can sell 3-phase industrial 480V devices that are not available at home centers.

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC

This helps with tracking products to prevent "purchase at the cheap place and return to the expensive one". Another reason is, many of the 'home center' breakers are sold in separate blister packs, while the ones across the distributor counter are often in 'broken packaging'. I first notice this practice back in the mid 80's.

A perfect example of how I still pick up things and learn here.

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC
Run a phase converter send 480 to the atic and drop and xfmr to the second floor panel..... funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.