Standard Height of Emergency Light in Gym

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin B

I don't think there is a "standard height". You need to maintain enough light for egress. There is a minimum number of lumens required by the building code but I don't remember what it is. Maybe like 1 Lumen?

kenman215

What is the recommended height off of the finished floor to an emergency light (power pack)?

I'm assuming that you're talking wall mount here? If so, my company mounts tem
at 80" to center AFF. Big thing you have to look at, though, is protection for the light since its in a gym. Make sure it's either impact rated or you have a cage that goes around it.

jonny1982

I'm assuming that you're talking wall mount here? If so, my company mounts tem
at 80" to center AFF. Big thing you have to look at, though, is protection for the light since its in a gym. Make sure it's either impact rated or you have a cage that goes around it.
Thankyoy

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I don't think there is a "standard height". You need to maintain enough light for egress. There is a minimum number of lumens required by the building code but I don't remember what it is. Maybe like 1 Lumen?
The standard will call for a light level in lux or in foot-candles, not the output of the fixture in lumens.

rt66electric

easy enough to repair with a 10 ft ladder , but difficult for inspector to push test

easy enough to repair with a 10 ft ladder , but difficult for inspector to push test

A height Accessible by a 10 ft ladder.

Unless you want service calls 5 years from now ,and "bring your lift"

Status
Not open for further replies.