standard vs optional load calc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwest

what is the best way to pass the test for load calc.on the new jersey state test? standard or optional load calc. thanks........

[ May 24, 2005, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: jwest ]

celtic

Re: standard vs optional load calc.

...by answering all the non-math questions properly :D :D :D :D

bphgravity

Either the individual question will tell which method to use or there will be a general rule for all questions unless otherwise stated. Most exams I have seen default to the standard and will specify optional in the question itself.

celtic

Originally posted by jwest:
celtic..funny ..but but not quite what i was thinking of...
I know :) ..just testing the waters, so to speak - you pass (you're not thin skinned).

Seriously, when I took my test over a decade ago - I did just that, skipped the math. Passed with room to spare...BUT, at that time, I had no "real plans" on contracting as my livelyhood. Things have changed (mortgages, wife, kids blah, blah, blah :) ). I came up 13 pts under a 100%, as the test is basically pass/fail (a 71 is just as good as a 99)...maybe if I had done the math, I would have gotten a 100 - who knows? ...more importantly - who cares? When the time arises for making load calcs, I have my books and reference materials by the desk....and they are barely (if ever) used.

of course, this still doesn't answer you question:
"...best way to pass the test for load calc...."

That you will have to decide on...what is quickest for you to arrive at the correct answer?

My suggestion is to get MORE reference material (like you wanted to hear that!)

here's a few links to get you started:

Mike's Forum Mike's Book 1 Mike's Book 2 Mike's Book 3 Mike's Book 4 Stallcup's Book 1

The more familiar you are with the calc.s the faster you will be...and the test is all about getting the most number of questions right in the alotted time.

(This may not be what you wanted to hear, but at least it's not smart-alecky)

Good luck on your test!

jwest

celtic thanks ..i'll go with plan ..and keep plan [a]as a back up..still plan [a] was funny

Status
Not open for further replies.