State wide Lisence in the state of Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to go take my journey man test real soon whaT is going to happen with all the people that already have their lic.?

jgriffin

Re: State wide Lisence in the state of Texas

I talked with a State Employee 7-30-03,in Austin who will be working on The State Electrical Board and He Told me that there will be grandfathering FOR ALL Journeyman If you were licensed BEFORE JUNE 1,2003 AS a Journeyman and if you apply for the state license before June1,2004......Masters will need to have received their License prior to June 1 ,2003 to be Grandfathered. Also said that testing will be shopped out,Asked if it was SBCCI/ICC and he said he couldn't comment.....So I called SBCCI/ICC and talked a Supervisor who Met with people in Austin,And The State of Texas Agreed to honor the SBCCI/ICC test scores. Sources say testing will be statewide, by 2 testing agencies contracted by the state....,AS I SEE IT, We'll only have to Re-New 1 License, BUT now we have BigBrother watching and Keeping A COMPLETE FILE on US..AND With this being A NEW LAW ,A STATE Licensed Electrician will be able to work anywhere within TEXAS,.....MAKING ALL STATE Licensed Electricians EQUAL in the eyes of a ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR. (IMHO) THIS RANKS WITH NAFTA.

[ July 31, 2003, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: jgriffin ]

canman

Re: State wide Lisence in the state of Texas

I just recieved a reply back from an e-mail that I sent to the TDLR.I have been an electrician for 25 years.I have recently passed the SBCCI masters test and before that the journeyman,however I work AS A MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN so for this reason I have not applied for a city license.I asked them would I be grandfathered and the answer was no.They told me that you must hold a city license for 1 year before your application next JUNE 04 is submitted.I do not see how a city license makes you any more qualified,if I had known in time I could have easily gone and gotten
one.I worked for years in construction and served a four year apprenticeship also in construction
so I dont think there would have been any problem. They did mention that they might honor Icc test scores with some time limit on when they were taken.So I am studying again in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.