Steel beams bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARUSA

I would think this is a violation of 110.54(B)?

That article is in refer to Tunnel Installations over 600 volt Nominal!!!
I don't see how it apply here.All conductor are installed in the same raceway with the feeder conductors, just terminated here on the bar.
The section require it is 300.3 B.

hurk27

That article is in refer to Tunnel Installations over 600 volt Nominal!!!
I don't see how it apply here.All conductor are installed in the same raceway with the feeder conductors, just terminated here on the bar.
The section require it is 300.3 B.

Thanks I tried to do a fast search last nite and forgot to look a which section I was in. I mention it because it looked like those EGC's was run separately from the feeders thay protect.;)

benaround

DARUSA,

250.64 C , is for GEC only, not EGC .
300.3 B , does not allow the EGC's to be installed in this manner

You are allowed to run all your GEC's to a busbar and then continue the GEC to the first

disconnecting means and terminate it on the neutral bus. Inside the DM a 'main bonding

jumper' is installed between the Neutral bus and the Equipment Grounding Bus, sized per

250.66 (250.28 D ) and bonded to the enclosure.

IMO, your setup is not code compliant.

hurk27

In article VI of section 250, I can only find one allowance for taking the EGC to the grounding electrode system, and it is only for existing ungrounded branch circuit/ feeder extensions 250.130(C)(1) other wise they must land in the same panel the circuit is fed from.

Maybe I'm missing something?:confused:

hurk27

Well I tried to find something to allow for the short run to the service disconnect but I couldn't, IMO I don't feel that the short run of those EGC's would increase the impedance of the equipment grounding conductor enough to cause a problem in the OCPD opening, but I don't see an allowance for it either?

kwired

Electron manager
Ok but my water ground is going to be connected to the neutral at the service , my ground rod and the steel column will be attached to my grounding bar.just to tie all in the same point!!!! + the main bonding jumper!!!

You only need one continuous GEC from service equipment to the electode and the rest of the electrodes you are required or opt to use can be tapped to the GEC or jumpered from one electrode to the next, minimum size conductor is still 250.66 requirements for the type of electrode.

Status
Not open for further replies.