STEEL RISER PLATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Typically they're used in a riser shaft or electric closet when you have a number of vertical conduits to run from floor to floor. Instead of core drilling (after concrete pour) or install numerous sleeves (before concrete pour) the masons will just form out a large slot. Then the EC comes in and installs a large steel plate with pre-punched holes sized for his conduits. The plate will cover the entire slot. We've done this when there was a need to run large numbers of riser conduits.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Typically they're used in a riser shaft or electric closet when you have a number of vertical conduits to run from floor to floor. Instead of core drilling (after concrete pour) or install numerous sleeves (before concrete pour) the masons will just form out a large slot. Then the EC comes in and installs a large steel plate with pre-punched holes sized for his conduits. The plate will cover the entire slot. We've done this when there was a need to run large numbers of riser conduits.

Got it Infinity..It's almost Valentines day so I want to say I lo@$ you.. HA!! just kidding. What I mean is I really thank you for ALL the help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.