Storage Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenvalor

"Nothing like the smell of a brand new truck,My truck only has 127,987 miles so i have a ways to go but it is the i have it paid off and got the title to in more then 20 Years so a want to go as far as i can,the new truck prices are way up there."

1989 G20 Chevy van with 217,000 miles on it and still going strong.

awc

"Nothing like the smell of a brand new truck,My truck only has 127,987 miles so i have a ways to go but it is the i have it paid off and got the title to in more then 20 Years so a want to go as far as i can,the new truck prices are way up there."

1989 G20 Chevy van with 217,000 miles on it and still going strong.

Yes, they are awfully proud of those new ones.....sticker proves it:D

My old van was a Express 2500 with 389,000 miles and I would still be driving it but it began having some issues starting so I made the move to a brand new one. I will miss the paid for part for sure for a couple of years which isn't to bad i guess. Heck 127,987...she's just getting broke in!!

jusme123

Occupation
JW
Found an image:

d_3840.jpg

maywest hangers

ericsherman37

I've got all sorts of crap on the ceiling of my van. Shovel, fiberglass fish sticks (in a tube), some miscellaneous hooks to hang extension cords and whatnot. It's like having a floor, but upside down!

My shovel is just held up there with a couple 2" PVC straps. They're big enough to easily let the shovel slide in and out, but large enough to let me wiggle the shovel blade over one of the ceiling rails close to the strap so that it "locks" it into place. I used to have it hanging with the blade curving downward, but I kept discovering the sharp edge with my forehead, so I flipped it over.

I'm kind of a neat freak so I like organizing my van :D

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I've seen 1 or 2 vans with a floor platform, 5 or 6 inches high. Shovels, benders, rods, etc. were kept under there. May rob space if tall eqpmt needs to be carried sometimes.

Sam Moore

I've also used PVC pipe strapped with 2-holes with large pop rivet through strap into pipe on the doors, works great for shorter tools like benders, sledge hammer and pick-axe. Rivet keeps pipe from sliding down inside straps and throw a bungee strap across top of tools to keep rattle to a min.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.