Stray Voltage in Fiberglass pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Cary

Team, first time on, and I can't tell you how thankful I am I found this forum!!! All I've read indicates this is where I need to solve my problem.
Just completed a fiberglass pool installation, all electrical inspections have passed without issue, however, Stray Voltage is resident (5-6 volts directly in the pool water) the only metal (which is properly bounded) is the pool's hand rail) there's no other bounding grid system around the pools perimeter..it's simply not required by code, nor were we aware of any stray voltage condition prior to the install. Research has suggested installing a grid system 3 feet from the perimeter of the water, the problem.....all masonery work is completed. Can I install grounding cable and rods around the perimeter of the concrete? to eliminate the issue. The concrete spands anywhere from 4 to 16 feet around the pool?

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Bill Cary said:
. . . I can't tell you how thankful I am I found this forum!!! All I've read indicates this is where I need to solve my problem.
Bill Cary said:

Then it appears to me that during your reading, you missed the following statement on the home page of this Forum:

This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

In accordance with that rule, I am closing this thread.

You are welcome to use this Forum to learn whatever you want to learn, but we cannot offer advice or assistance on performing electrical installation work at your own home. Our concern is that you may get only the answer to the question that you ask, and get no answer to the thousand other questions that you should have asked, but did not know that you needed to ask. The thousand of other questions are the ones that electricians, electrical engineers, and other professionals in the electrical industry would have known about, and would have understood the answers to, as part of their years of training.

?A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.? The Owner and Moderators of this Forum do not wish to risk allowing you and your family to be placed in danger, by giving you too little information.

My best advice is that you have an electrician inspect your installation and perform the troubleshooting efforts. From your description of the manner in which pool components are bonded, I am not certain that it was done correctly. But here again, this is not the place for a person who is not an electrician to get assistance with performing their own electrical installation work.

Status
Not open for further replies.