sub panel feeder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitt

I recently wrote a question about a sub panel for a barn feed from the house 300ft away. I went to the house this weekend to hook up the hvac connections so they could test the system on monday. I saw the feeder wire had been run to the barn all undergound the previous week while i was at work.
the barn is across a 10ft wide creek with a low water bridge so is the in comming water line the way the feeder was run at the barn the feeder wire size 2 SE cable and the water line came into a T connection on SDR 35 PVC conduit where the water line and the feeder was brought into the same conduit then ran under the creek to the house where the split again back out of the pipe the water line T'ing of in a 90 into the house and the feeder continued to the back of the house where it switched from sdr35 into sch 40 about 10 foot from the house then on into the service.
This was all done by the contractor on site. Generaly all my work is commercial so this is the first time i have ever seen this type of run with the water line and feeder in the same run of conduit. This layout was thought of as any easy way of saveing money on pipe and digging by an electrical engineer for the gov. who relayed it to the contractor after the contractor asked his advice on it.
My question is i would have not done this at all. is there real problems here besides the wrong conduit and cable sheathing. Any help thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.