submersible cord and plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave D

I have a costumer that has a 240 volt 20 amp fountain motor that is fully immersed under water. The present cord from the motor connects in an under water brass, sealed junction box. They would like to have a cord and plug connection for easier maintenance of the motor when the fountain is drained. Is there twist lock cord and plug fittings rated submersible? Thanks for any comments.

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
IP68, but I don't think a submersible male / female is listed for over 1 hour submersion. So, no not made for continuous use.
Get your search engine going and make phone calls to find out if they are made; you lost time and money finding out because they will be ? military grade/ exotic and cost too much for the customer.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
I have a costumer that has a 240 volt 20 amp fountain motor that is fully immersed under water. The present cord from the motor connects in an under water brass, sealed junction box. They would like to have a cord and plug connection for easier maintenance of the motor when the fountain is drained. Is there twist lock cord and plug fittings rated submersible? Thanks for any comments.

The better question would be, would you want to be the one standing in any depth of water disconnecting a possibly energized cord and cap connection?

JAP>

Status
Not open for further replies.