Subpanel Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle126

I am updating an existing kitchen upstairs in a two family home and need more circuits, I found an old 4 circuit screw in fuse box near the kitchen and i have decide to remove it and run a new 60 amp 4 wire to it and install a new 20 circuit subpanel, I am coming out of an existing pushmatic panel and i am hoping to replace the existing 30 amp push-matic 2 pole breaker with a 60 amp 2 pole breaker, does anyone know where i can find this brealer and is it legal to reinstall this subpanel back in the closet, when your looking in it is to the far right. Thanks Mike P

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Most jurisdictions will not allow a subpanel in a clothes closet. If it is not a clothes closet and you can maintain the clearances then yes you can.

Look on the internet for pushamatic breakers.

Eagle126

Subpanel

Subpanel

Can i install 2, 1 1/2 pieces of emt from the top of my panel and sleeve all my romex's down the pipe, since this is going to be all sheetrocked, i find this will be good if someone in the future needs to add any circuits. Thanks Mike P

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
... replace the existing 30 amp push-matic 2 pole breaker with a 60 amp 2 pole breaker, does anyone know where i can find this brealer ...

Last one I got came direct from Siemens (they bought the ITE panels) through my wholesaler.

Status
Not open for further replies.