sunroom disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

big vic

Wiring a detached sun room 25 feet from the house. Have 2-15 amp circuits ran to the building. Can I use a double pole snap switch located on the out side of the house for the sunroom disconnect?

growler

Wiring a detached sun room 25 feet from the house. Have 2-15 amp circuits ran to the building. Can I use a double pole snap switch located on the out side of the house for the sunroom disconnect?

Buy the time I buy a w/p box, switch and in-use cover it seems cheaper just to get an AC disconnect. Get one for $8 at HD.

iwire

Staff member

You will need to use a double pole breaker at the supply and make it one multiwire branch circuit. The code prohibits more than one branch circuit run to a detached structure or building.

Also it is a violation to run two circuits through the same double pole switch, making it a MWBC fixes this issue as well.

The location of the switch can be inside or outside the detached structure nearest the point of entrance of the conductors. Just like a service.

Status
Not open for further replies.