surge arrestor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, thank you for all the replies and help on yesterdays topic. Now, in the textbook there is a question that has me puzzled.:dunce:. (A surge arrestor of less than 1000 volts shall have a ground connecting conductor which is no smaller than..#8 #10 #12 #14).. I searched in 280.21 where I was directed by book, and google the question, no luck. The answer is #14, but since I got it wrong I need to find the reference. .Please help! Thank You!

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Hello everyone, thank you for all the replies and help on yesterdays topic. Now, in the textbook there is a question that has me puzzled.:dunce:. (A surge arrestor of less than 1000 volts shall have a ground connecting conductor which is no smaller than..#8 #10 #12 #14).. I searched in 280.21 where I was directed by book, and google the question, no luck. The answer is #14, but since I got it wrong I need to find the reference. .Please help! Thank You!

Since you're SPD is 1000 volts or less you're looking in the wrong article, as mentioned it's in Article 285.

Surge Arrestor

Surge Arrestor

Noted, Thank You. Learned a hard lesson, the book directions were wrong. I am a moron for blindly following. Like driving into a canal, just because the GPS tells me that its an exit.:dunce: The lesson learned. Read the Article number and what the article is about. DUUH:slaphead: .Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.