SWBD Sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

I know there are variable here but assuming sections are in room about how long and how many guys do you think it would take to put together a 4000a 3 section piece of switchgear...bus tied together and bolted. Only way I know of switchgear section joining together...bus tied. I assumed it also has to be anchored to floor and sometimes I believe there is even strut embedded in the floor in which it mounts to. I'm really curious about the work to put the section together. Thanks

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
So that's pretty much all that involved to join the section together? Thanks.

Someone told me 70 hours(2 guys a week) and I thought that was a bit high.

Not all electricians are created equal but that sounds like a lot of hours. Even though there are three sections you only need to make up two joints in the bus.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Not all electricians are created equal but that sounds like a lot of hours. Even though there are three sections you only need to make up two joints in the bus.

His first time. It will probably take longer than someone who has done it a couple times. You can spend an inordinate amount of time just getting the right tools on site. Or getting the thing moved from the receiving dock to where it will be located. Most of the work is moving these kind of things into place and then securing to the floor. The hand full of bolts that tie the bus sections together goes pretty quick unless he forgets his torque wrench. He might even have to level the floor or shim the equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.