Switchboard Size/Weights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Is there a way to estimate approximate size/weight of a switchboard by just knowing the standard info given on the schedules such as amperage, nema rating, switch sizes etc. I know the vendor can provide that info but I was just curious. Thanks.

maghazadeh

Is there a way to estimate approximate size/weight of a switchboard by just knowing the standard info given on the schedules such as amperage, nema rating, switch sizes etc. I know the vendor can provide that info but I was just curious. Thanks.

Not really, since CU bus is heavier than Alum, and N-3R enclosure has more metal than N-1.
Give an example of amp, cu or alum, indoor or out door, may be then could comeup with something.

iwire

Staff member

Exactly .25 pounds per amp.;)

I would get the info from the vendor.

kwired

Electron manager
Exactly .25 pounds per amp.;)

I would get the info from the vendor.

Where do you buy switchboards? That sounds like they are probably aluminum bus and cardboard cabinets.

A 600 amp gear would only weigh 150 pounds.
A 2000 amp gear would only weigh 500 pounds.

Should help with freight charges, and you can unfold them after you get them into the electrical room and finish installing them:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.