Take-Off With Estimating Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkm1

Occupation
Journeyman to Contractor
Hey guys,
What do you guys use for estimating your labor & material cost?
I've been researching into investing in the McCormick Estimating program, Do you guys have a preference on a program or method for calculating cost with labor units and for material?

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
We’re using conest intellibid. Several members here are also using Accubid, and I know some local EC’s that use it. I have no problems with intellibid, but from talking to other guys, the learning curve on accubid doesn’t seem to be as steep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
I use Mc Cormick it’s alright. Was going to go with contest intellibid but was more expensive and looked more intimidating. I would probably switch if I did not have time already in Mc cormick

DDuffeInc

Occupation
Estimator
Hey guys,
What do you guys use for estimating your labor & material cost?
I've been researching into investing in the McCormick Estimating program, Do you guys have a preference on a program or method for calculating cost with labor units and for material?
We have used several programs. Currently we are using Conest Intellibid and it has worked out pretty well for us. When we used McCormick several years ago it was easier to learn with however it seemed so buggy with the pricing updates we ended up staying with Conest. I am fairly sure McCormick has those bugs worked out now and they are a good program. The trick to any estimating program is getting all of your data input and pricing dialed in. Good luck and reach out to me if you want any input.

Steve V

We use Vision Infosoft EBM. We originally bought about 15 years ago. Looked at all the major players back then and for the $ we thought it was the best value. We looked at changing about 3 years ago however seen a learning curve that I was not comfortable with. Over the years wwe have added so many assemblies and parts to our database that it is very flexible. Sure they all will show you how easy it is to add a new assembly and it is simple, but still takes time to do such.
We stayed with EBM went to a network base and integrated with plan swift. Plan swift integration has been a GREAT add.

Status
Not open for further replies.