Taking my masters in MN on Wednesday.

tyson7

Occupation
Electrician
Anyone here take the mn masters exam in this code cycle?

I'm wondering if there are any other books than NFPA 70. Or any advice on what to expect? Are there alot of load calculations? Single family, multi family, commercial? Are there motor heavy questions? Did you come across much from chapters 7 and 8? I am pretty confident. Managed to get through the whole masters prep course from Mike holt in the last three weeks and averaged a 90% across all the tests.

Anyway, any advice is appreciated.

tyson7

Occupation
Electrician
Just took the first simulated exam from mike holt master program…. 15 questions on low voltage and communication not one question on box fill, not one on pipe fill or raceway calculations, not one question on grounding electrodes, bonding jumpers, or equipment grounds, not one question on derating, adjustments or corrections, not one question on underground installations. But 15 questions on 700 and 800…. Is this really what the test is like? Also all the questions are just repeated from the tests in the course work so all the answers are already in my head from previous work…. Is this really what its like?

Occupation
Master electrician, licensed contractor
After I took the masters test in Kentucky I thought to myself “ that’s it?” I definitely thought it would be more difficult. Not saying I didn’t prepare but I didn’t think it was that difficult. Take your time and look up every answer even if you know it. The last thing I wanted todo was retake it. Kentucky is a 100 question 5 hour test, when I was done I had 20 minutes left.