Taking the Texas Masters Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvattaso

Good morning, my name is Michael Vattaso. I am a Journeyman Electrican currently living in Dallas, TX. I just finished my 3rd attempt at the masters exam and I'm noticing a pattern of the questions I'm missing. On the NEC knowledge side, I'm not scoring well on Electrical Feeders, Branch Circuit Conductors, and Electrical Wiring Methods and Electrical Materials.

On the calculations side, I'm not scoring well on Electrical Service, Service Equipment, and Separately Derived Systems, Electrical Equipment and Devices, and Motors and Generators.

Can someone offer advice? I will be more then willing to discuss more in private or on this forum. Thank you for your time. Any help at all will go along way. Thanks again.

Good morning, my name is Michael Vattaso. I am a Journeyman Electrican currently living in Dallas, TX. I just finished my 3rd attempt at the masters exam and I'm noticing a pattern of the questions I'm missing. On the NEC knowledge side, I'm not scoring well on Electrical Feeders, Branch Circuit Conductors, and Electrical Wiring Methods and Electrical Materials.

On the calculations side, I'm not scoring well on Electrical Service, Service Equipment, and Separately Derived Systems, Electrical Equipment and Devices, and Motors and Generators.

Can someone offer advice? I will be more then willing to discuss more in private or on this forum. Thank you for your time. Any help at all will go along way. Thanks again.
Look up mikeholt.com very helpful material.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician

Welcome to the forum. If you want to learn about the NEC this is the place to do it. Mike Holt has some good study guides and you can get good deals this time of year.

A good place to learn about calculations is annex D in your code book. Don't be shy about asking questions here on the forum it helps you and all the other members who participate.

solis

Michael,
I agree with the last post. Mike Holts study guide is really good. I used it to for a few masters tests. It takes time to go through the disc's and do the tests. For me, after going through the disc's, taking and retaking the practice tests to become familiar with the process of looking up code using the glossary. This also helps you become familiar with the layout of the code book, where sections are, it all saves you time.
Good luck
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.