Status
Not open for further replies.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
bed

bed

I wouldn't. The one's I've seen have a 5% tolerance. The fact that you are more than 5% out and the fact that POCO voltage might vary would lead me to use the buck & boost. It looks to me like you would be in the market for a .5kva 32v secondary b/b transf such as 9T51B0208 GE

growler

mark henderson said:
The manufacture said we burnt the control board. They said anything over 230 we cause this to burn up.

How expensive are these control boards? This always has a lot to do with how much of a chance I'm willing to take. That 250 from POCO sounds like it's on the high side and should only go down during peak hours but you never know . Is this a normal reading in your area ( it's high for here )?

Did you use 240 as the starting voltage to retap the buck/boost transformer?

mark henderson

Thanks all for the hekp yeterday:smile: I was at that house fighting a migraine headache and could barley think. but I am going to look in the books tommorow at the shop and call the tech support for the bed to get some more info.
The two control pannels are about 140.00.
I was starting my calcs after the buck boost. But with POCO so high I am leaning towards a diffrent buck boost. I did not put the new contol panels in until I get the voltage under control. It is deffinatley a learnig process with this one.
Again thanks for the help and I will re-post with the final outcome.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.