Tap @ Genset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
So there are feeders to load side of genet breaker but what about from genset to line side of breaker. Would that pre-wired and how would a tap of #10’s happen to those large conductors or would it be bus? Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 22

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
Junction box and polaris type connectors? You'd most likely need to upsize from #10 to fit the connectors spec.

Or you might find an 800A 'tap box' that works.

There's more than one way to do it.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Junction box and polaris type connectors? You'd most likely need to upsize from #10 to fit the connectors spec.

Or you might find an 800A 'tap box' that works.

There's more than one way to do it.
Thank you. What do you mean by 800A tap box? Also, problem is whether it's bus or wires from genset to breaker.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
Looking again at your drawing it describes everything as 'existing' so why aren't you getting your answers from the site?

I'm sure you would need to supply more information, such as make and age of generator, for anyone to guess what's there for you.

cdslotz

Looking again at your drawing it describes everything as 'existing' so why aren't you getting your answers from the site?

I'm sure you would need to supply more information, such as make and age of generator, for anyone to guess what's there for you.

It's easier to ask here first even when the answers are in plain sight

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
First, the genset breaker being existing is incorrect(typo by eng.). We are swapping out the genset. Secondly, I’m asking about the NEW feed from the line side TAP of the generator feed to FA disconnect. Which is a NEW TAP.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
What size generator? With #10 conductors there is likely a place on the generator bus to install the conductors. Something like this:
Generator Interior.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.