Tapping Primary

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbond24

I did a design once that triple-tapped the primary side of a transformer...don't know that it was permitted though. :)

There wasn't another transformer for hundreds of yards and the lead time on a new one was too long. The building had to come up RIGHT NOW, so I said the only way to get power RIGHT NOW is to make another tap on that transformer that is already double tapped. The maintenance guys threw a fit, but it went in and it is probably still there too.

quogueelectric

This is the purpose of the tapping.

By primary, I do not mean the primary of a transformer, I mean 13800V primary.

Yes understood . The building has a primary(medium voltage )4160 I BELIEVE Interior distribution system Very uncommon by me Now we are talking concentric neutrals, semiconductor wrapped Crossed link propylene cables, loadbreak elbows, Stress cones . I believe one of the contractors was angry with me because I refused to do the grounding inside the gear when the gear was live. I said if you are that sure it is not dangerous why dont you come over and do it. I always liked fireworks displays. Wanted to give me a helper so I could kill him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.