Temporary power design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Anyone willing to lend a hand in laying out/designing a temp distribution system. I was only tasked with putting the info together that's spelled out in the Rider doc and do my best as to how it would be designed/laid out and it would go to someone else to put together, size and(that someone else in not in the office) complete. I'd be willing to pay as it might take a few hours.:) I can put together( as I extract all the info from the docs) an outline/synopsis. Just like help with sizing equipment and feeders....and layout.Thanks.

PM me if interested. Thanks and enjoy 4th.

Last edited:

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
That may run up against the professional engineer requirements in some states. I could do that design work as a contractor who is installing the electrical system but would be prohibited from doing that design work for another contractor to install.

mstrlucky74

We have 6000a temp service available from ConEd. It's for a 36 story building. They spell out all the loads that need to be powered. It's the distribution layout, sizing and feeders sizing wanted some feedback on.

mgookin

Sorry...yes new construction.

No problem.
You might need a fire pump during construction. After you get 40' up (I can't speak for NYC) our bldg code requires a class 1 automatic wet standpipe to be operational within one floor of the highest poured deck. I only say this because I've seen people get in a jam on the subject before. It's not good when a job like that is facing shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.