Termination Block Wiring Methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4dually

Occupation
Electrical Engineer/ Ex-Electrician
Because before they crimp wires, they must do a test crimp with the terminals and the wires and make sure the crimpers are calibrated to exceed the pullout. The assemblers know the difference in the two tools and won't use the improper tool for the job. Personally, I don't care about the nick in the insulation...hell, the tab just next to it is a open bolt....but that's how you roll when you are ISO 9001 certified and such.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Because before they crimp wires, they must do a test crimp with the terminals and the wires and make sure the crimpers are calibrated to exceed the pullout. The assemblers know the difference in the two tools and won't use the improper tool for the job. Personally, I don't care about the nick in the insulation...hell, the tab just next to it is a open bolt....but that's how you roll when you are ISO 9001 certified and such.

Me either.

My experience has been that the wire crimped with the insulated type oval crimper will generally always pull out before the non insulated crimper with the dimpler.

Oh well. I'm with ya.

JAP>

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

jap

Occupation
Electrician
But that does not address the use of a fork terminal on a the termination itself. I see no real world issue, but, like the ones on receptacles, those terminals probable have not been evaluated for use with anything other than the conductor itself.

I agree.

I would think the rule attached would be geared more towards bolting crimp on lugs to bussbars with pre-drilled holes.

JAP>

Status
Not open for further replies.