The Junkman Prevails:

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattus

After accumulating tons of junk for the past 50 years, I finally feel vindicated. My garage door opener suddenly quit, and I thought I would just buy a new one. Then I thought, "maybe it is the capacitor", so I touched it, and it was warm. Aha, I said and went straight to the box of old caps. Sure enough, I had one. Too fat to fit in its allotted space, but it works, so it just hangs there, quietly doing its job.

Now, what to do with the other 1,999 pounds of treasure?

76nemo

You're not the only one. I have boxes and jars of components:D

One day we'll reach into this "too much stuff" and utilize them":D, but we will come across things we can't find easily anymore, and then we reach for the "stuff". Nice to be able to go to the basement or garage for "stuff" when the supply store is closed:wink:

That's all I store, so nobody can call me a packrat:D

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have a nasty habit of saving power supplies from defunct equipment such as appliances and rechargeable tools etc. Drives my wife nuts. We had a Garage Sale last year and I reluctantly put them in a big bin for 25 cents each, luckily nobody bought them. Last month my son's LCD monitor quit working and I determined that the power supply was bad. Rather than fork over a couple of hunderd bucks for a new one (as the son wanted to do and the wife agreed to so as to not hear him whine) I scrounged around in my pile and found one with the right output specs, cut the connector off of the old one, soldered it onto the replacement, and voila!

I am now justified forever...

SEO

I used to buy inventory from other electrical contractors that went out of business. And when you do that in most cases your buying some of their junk with the other inventory. So over the last 35 years I've accumulated a lot of pretty interesting parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.