The Tale of the Tortured EMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

I just had an interesting week doing fire alarms, and thought some of you might like to hear about it.

Have you ever seen a run of 1/2 EMT with 14 90 degree bends in it and not a single pull point? And the pipe contained 12 solid #14 THHN conductors that were pulled in without lubricant!

Yes, I've seen it, and I haven't been the same ever since. :D

mc5w

Re: The Tale of the Tortured EMT

Sounds like 2 former CUSStomers named Arlene and Philip Kodish. They were classic examples of how cheapskates and cheatskates cannot resist a bargain. I used to do repair work fixing all the flaws in a private school that they owned. Half the problem was that they hired the lowest bidder. 1 quarter of the problem was that none of the 3 building additions were a finished product when Empire of Akron, Ohio passed off the final inspection.

1/4 of the problem was that the architect had an HVAC designer who misdesigned all 2 new HVAC systems. He also forgot to specify either supply and return booster blowers for the principal's ( Arlene's office ) or a dedicated HVAC system.

There was also a lot of thermal insulation missing and as well as undersized electrical circuits.

As long as you are getting cost plus for this at a handsome rate.

[ April 12, 2005, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: mc5w ]

peter d

Re: The Tale of the Tortured EMT

Originally posted by luke warmwater:

But, with one like that, I've gotta ask, where are the pics?? :)
Most of the demo had been done by the time I arrived, so unfortunately I don't have any good pics of the FA system.

However, the electrical is a different story. We were not involved with the electrical work but the place is a nightmare. I have plenty of horror pics from that.

Pics will arrive soon in the other forum. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.