Thinking about taking online CEC course, any feedback from those who did this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nogard1126

I was thinking of taking the course for 24 hours off this site that is specific for the state I live in. I missed out on the 16 hour code up date live seminar that was last month (not Mike Holt). I would have to still take 8 more hours to have my 24 total needed.

I like to do things live in front of a class, but sometimes have trouble staying a wake. I was wondering if anyone has taken one of these online courses that Mike Holt offers?

How does it work, can you do smaller time increments at the duration you chose? Is there a test at the end?

Thanks,

Dave

mcclary's electrical

I was thinking of taking the course for 24 hours off this site that is specific for the state I live in. I missed out on the 16 hour code up date live seminar that was last month (not Mike Holt). I would have to still take 8 more hours to have my 24 total needed.

I like to do things live in front of a class, but sometimes have trouble staying a wake. I was wondering if anyone has taken one of these online courses that Mike Holt offers?

How does it work, can you do smaller time increments at the duration you chose? Is there a test at the end?

Thanks,

Dave

Mike's online couse is a great way to get your required continuing education credits. They notify the state for you. Just make sure the course you pick meets your states requirements, but the site is helpful in determining that also. It was perfect for my busy schedule to literally be able to do it whenever I want. Including 3:00 in the morning, that why I liked it

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I did mine online, and spread it out over a weekend. It cost somewhere around $40, I believe. I can find the certificate if you want to know who it was.

Cavie

Thanks,

Dave
I used to do mine that way. Very easy. Problem is it only takes 10 min the read the section and answer the questions as you go but it makes you stay on the section for a set period of time. 50 min? anyway you soon learn to read the questions set a timer then go watch tv for the allowed time then come back and take the test form that section. They just ask questions from the reading material to see if you are awake. Very easy.

I have found a live class here in Florida that gives you 14 hours in one day. I do 6 hours in class and get sent home with a workbook that takes 20 min to complete. Hours are 50 min each and you eat your lunch during class. State approved and I have attended two.

BlueVolt has a real good NEC2008 update course, and a real comprehensive
grounding and bonding course :)
BlueVolt has a data com course, but only using 2004NEC.

I wish someone had a good optic fiber course for CEU's

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I have taken on-line courses from the Mike Holt main web site and from Blue Volt. Both organizations sent a record of completion directly (i.e., electronically) to my state licensing office, and I was immediately given CEU credit for the course. I think the cost for $40 for one, and $60 for the other. I needed the credits for my Electrical Administrator license.

Hameedulla-Ekhlas

I have taken on-line courses from the Mike Holt main web site and from Blue Volt. Both organizations sent a record of completion directly (i.e., electronically) to my state licensing office, and I was immediately given CEU credit for the course. I think the cost for $40 for one, and $60 for the other. I needed the credits for my Electrical Administrator license.

Charli,
Is there link to give some information regarding to online course. How will be the online course regarding to get NEC certificate. How will be the explaination and method of online. Whom can I ask some questions from?

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
To find out about Mike Holt's classes, start by clicking the link at the top of this page ("click here to visit www.mikeholt.com"). To find out about Blue Volt, go here: http://www.bluevolt.com/

Regarding certifications, you can get a certification of completion from any on-line training program. There is a question as to whether a given class would be accepted towards the continuing education requirements for a given license. For example, in my home state of Washington, you can't get credit (towards your licensing requirements), unless the class is on a pre-approved list that is published by the state.

I'm also looking to take an on-line course this year, in Florida. I just got a flier for PACE, who is advertising an affiliation with IAEI. The cost is 125.00, for 14 hrs., which seems pretty good compared to all the others I've been getting. Has anyone used this course?:confused: (unfortunately, cost is main factor this year, for me)

Ruff-N

I use Jade Learning, as we are only required to take 4 hrs of CE. Price is $45.00 they take care of all the paper work and let the state of Texas know you have taken the course and it is approved by the state. Take it at your own pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.