Third Party Material Pricing Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenvalor

Does anyone know of a company where a contractor can email it a file that contains all of the material for a job and that company will return the list of materials with a price for each item? Just like one would do with a local supplier. The provider of this service would probably retrieve the prices from a company like Trade Service.
If for instance a contractor would send them a list generated in Accubid then the company would be able to generate the pricing list automatically.
I hate bothering the local supply house with quote requests all of the time but then again it is usually the non common items that they have to quote me for and I would have to get those prices directly from them anyway.

Thanks,

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
as far as I am concerned, it is your local supply house that should be doing this unless you are big enough to take advantage of third party buying services.

why would a third party do this for free for you?

incidentally, one of the supply houses we use has an internet service where you can upload a BOM and it prices it automatically for you.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Doesn't accubid interface with NetPricer or something comparable?

I use NetPricer to pull in prices from my suppliers; it's just a monthly subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkb

Does anyone know of a company where a contractor can email it a file that contains all of the material for a job and that company will return the list of materials with a price for each item? Just like one would do with a local supplier. The provider of this service would probably retrieve the prices from a company like Trade Service.
If for instance a contractor would send them a list generated in Accubid then the company would be able to generate the pricing list automatically.
I hate bothering the local supply house with quote requests all of the time but then again it is usually the non common items that they have to quote me for and I would have to get those prices directly from them anyway.

Thanks,

Get a subscription to Trade Service and link it with your Accubid database to keep it updated. Then you only need quotes for the large and oddball items.

Ravenvalor

Thanks for all of the great replies.
I was just wondering how far pricing services have evolved over the years. For instance if there was perhaps an electrical contractor who subscribes to a few of the pricing services and uses those services along with a program that he wrote himself that allows him to automatically offer a pricing service to other electricians for a fee of course. The software designer would write this program that was fully automatic so a website would charge the credit card of the user, the user would upload his material list and the software would fill it in with current prices. Sort of like what all the pricing services are probably doing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.