This is why 95% of the NEC exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

__dan

Usually everyone just plugs in while they have their fingers slid up on the prongs. At least once in a person's lifetime.

I remember doing that when I was about 4, plugging in a new portable tape cassette recorder, just once.

I also recall my other shock stories. Neighbor's air handler repurposed to heat the new pole building, He calls me to look at the problem but doesn't tell me it gives shocks. I had to kneel on the concrete to open the panel when I touched it. I strood up and just about decked him. Once is enough.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Usually everyone just plugs in while they have their fingers slid up on the prongs. At least once in a person's lifetime.

I remember doing that when I was about 4, plugging in a new portable tape cassette recorder, just once.

I also recall my other shock stories. Neighbor's air handler repurposed to heat the new pole building, He calls me to look at the problem but doesn't tell me it gives shocks. I had to kneel on the concrete to open the panel when I touched it. I strood up and just about decked him. Once is enough.

Plugs in most other countries are sleeved, or the socket is recessed so you can't contact live pins. But the rest of the standards are just silly imo.

Bluegrass Boy

Occupation
Commercial/ Industrial/ Maintenance Electrician
Kinda looks college dorm room. Maybe that was a “ let me hold your beer while you “ moment . Their friend, the crash test dummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.