threaded lampholder nut tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJWalecka

Getting my fingers in the glass shade and tighten the nut that supports it, sucks sometimes.
There is a tool that is used to help speed up the install. Some manufacturer's provide it free. The nut that I'm referring to supports the glass shade and twists around the threaded exterior of the lampholder, on some cieling lights . The tool is fork shaped i believe.

Do anyone know the name, where i can get one or which manufaturer supplies them?

Last edited:

stickboy1375

photo-20.jpg

I have a few of these, Any high end fixture will come with them.

I can mail you one if you can't locate one.

JJWalecka

Stickboy1375.

That the tool. Funny how it was right on your desk.:D
Do you recall the manufacturer of the fixtures that they came with...ill contact them first. I appreciate the offer!

stickboy1375

Stickboy1375.

That the tool. Funny how it was right on your desk.:D
Do you recall the manufacturer of the fixtures that they came with...ill contact them first. I appreciate the offer!

I've installed so many fixtures, I have no idea, maybe this company? http://www.handmadeinvermont.com/hubbardton_intro.htm

i seriously dont use them though, they have been on my desk for years, i have more also, i did one house alone that stocked me up for life. ;)

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Getting my fingers in the glass shade and tighten the nut that supports it, sucks sometimes.
There is a tool that is used to help speed up the install. Some manufacturer's provide it free. The nut that I'm referring to supports the glass shade and twists around the threaded exterior of the lampholder, on some cieling lights . The tool is fork shaped i believe.

Do anyone know the name, where i can get one or which manufaturer supplies them?

Socket Collar Installation Tool
http://www.soholighting.com/Socket-Tool-p/p8637-01.htm

You can probably make your own with PVC and a saw in about 10 minutes...

garrcass

i made one out of a PVC cap that the built in vacuum guy had and some 6 or 8 32's and nuts.. it was out of necessity those lights where impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.