Threaded rod from concrete decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
mdshunk said:
The "Pipe Spike" Roger mentions seems like the one I might give a try. For 3/8" rod, it only needs a 1/4" drill hole.
Also what I use. Take a 3/4" peice of all thread screw this into the pipe spike and put a nut on it before you pound it in. This protects the thread, as it takes some serious pounding to get them seated.

mdshunk

chris kennedy said:
Also what I use. Take a 3/4" peice of all thread screw this into the pipe spike and put a nut on it before you pound it in. This protects the thread, as it takes some serious pounding to get them seated.
I figured that might be the case. It seems like the catalog lists a tool for that purpose, which also happens to suspiciously look like the same tool you get for free in each box of caulk-in anchors.

RayS

one i've seen used is an insert from Powers that works like their wedge bolts (wedge bolts are like a large tapcon), but this is threaded on the inside for the rod. I love their wedge bolts, the only hassle is that they work best with their wedge-bit, which is just a little undersized compared to a normal carbide bit.
http://www.powers.com/pdfs/mechanical/06400.pdf
looks like they call it the snake

Status
Not open for further replies.