Three pole GFCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JES2727

I've never seen a three pole GFCI breaker, but I need three of them - ITE type BL. Does such a thing exist? If not, is there another way to protect personnel in a wet area with 3 phase circuits?

iMuse97

I've never seen a three pole GFCI breaker, but I need three of them - ITE type BL. Does such a thing exist? If not, is there another way to protect personnel in a wet area with 3 phase circuits?

You could use 5 240v GFCI breakers for 10 ungrounded conductors, total.

wireguru

what current? do you have to use breakers or can you have downstream protection?

there is that leviton deadfront with the CT on the back, it is listed with some combinations of contactor that gives you 50 or 60a 3ph. Its only a listed component though so you would need a panel shop to put it in an enclosure with the contactor...

Theres also this http://www.bender.org/documents/LG100.pdf

I am sure there are some other options as well...

JES2727

Thanks for the replies.
We're renovating a small production facility. It's a wet process. There's water and stainless steel everywhere. They'd like GFI protection on all the receptacles. We're installing wiring for a couple of 30A/208V 3 phase circulators, and a 30A/208V 3 phase mixer.
Looks like the ground fault monitors from Bender Inc might do the trick. Thanks for the lead.

wireguru

ah, youre in luck if you only need 30a 3ph. Hubbell makes a 30a 3ph 120/208Y GFCI, p/n GFHW430 for manual reset, and GFHW431 for automatic reset. This is a hardwired unit, nema 4X. They also have a 30A 3ph inline model for portable use models GFP4305 and GFP4315

Status
Not open for further replies.