Three Service Disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
A service includes the conductors and equipment for delivering electric energy. In your example, you show one service drop but two sets of service entrance conductors and two sets of service equipment. I would say that if you have two different sets of service entrance conductors and two different sets of service equipment, then by definition, you have two different services.
Do you have 6 different services if you have six disconnects and meters wired in parallel to a single set of SE conductors? The only difference is the length of the taps.

Last edited:

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
I'm of the opinion that one service drop supplying multiple sets of service entrance conductors would constitute multiple services.
As another thought, I refer you to the 2008 NEC Handbook Exhibit 230.4.

Now, I know this is not NEC, but rather only the opinion of the authors of the NECH.

2008 NECH Exhibit shows two service conductor sets connected to a single service drop at a single service point. There are six service disconnects on the end of each of the two sets of service-entrance conductors. This Exhibit is labled as ONE SERVICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.