Time for a new van need opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFletcher

How are you guys with Sprinters and the like getting around in this weather (east coast)? istm our Sprinter would get stuck on a wet leaf under the rear tire on a 5* grade. IF we work tomorrow I bet we're in the Transit.

iwire

Staff member
How are you guys with Sprinters and the like getting around in this weather (east coast)? istm our Sprinter would get stuck on a wet leaf under the rear tire on a 5* grade. IF we work tomorrow I bet we're in the Transit.

I have only had the Transit out in a little snow and was not impressed. I think it will have a lot of trouble in real snow. I will find out in a few hours when I try to move it out of my driveway.

chris1971

I have only had the Transit out in a little snow and was not impressed. I think it will have a lot of trouble in real snow. I will find out in a few hours when I try to move it out of my driveway.

I've spoken with other EC's in my area about the Transit vans and they aren't impressed with how they handle in winter. Do you have the tall version?

JFletcher

IF we work tomorrow I bet we're in the Transit.

Got halfway to work before I was told the van is stuck like Chuck. Shooting for noon...haha! If it were 90* outside instead of 30* that *might* happen. Even if we get the van moved, chances are every other neighborhood is like his and mine: solid ice, which means service calls aint happening.

Shame I dont still have my K1500 work truck... would be making money instead of sidelined today.

tshea

Used vans. 07 & 08 Chevy/GMC pitfalls-door hinges. Pin fills with dirt and water, finally freezes. Body shop replaced with OEM modified part. Anti-lock braking system. 07 was recalled. Waiting on the 08 recall.
1 is a V8, the other a V6.
No other problems. Oil is changed quarterly. Trans and differential fluids annually. Coolant annually. Rotate tires at oil change time.

The other pitfall was the 07 was a "peeler." The paint peeled off the hood and started on the roof. Body shop fixed it. Chevy/GM knew of the problem but refused to act.

Status
Not open for further replies.