TR Receptacles

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC1302

After using all the finesse I could muster and careful consideration of escalation of force, I have successfully defeated the sliding jaws of death, thereby energizing my equipment(corded drill) and bringing credit upon myself, the United Sates Marine Corps and electrical professionals the world over....Seriously....If this thing had been mounted in an old work box, I think I would have pushed it through the wall. Anyone done that?

Can't say that I've pushed 'em into the wall but they sure can be stubborn. There is a legit concern over installing these in the homes of the elderly and the required hand strength required.

BUT WHO WILL THINK OF THE CHILDREN?! Yeah, I know this has been to death but these things (more particularly the fact that they are legally required) will irk me to the end of my days.

cschmid

lol I thought i was the only one who had that problem..I check everyone and I mean every receptacle, I even had to loosen them up. I installed a 106 of them and had to loosen about half to get them to work. I used my GFCI test and wiggled it around in the outlet to get them to work correctly..It was a real pain and they were P&S receptacles and that is quality stuff.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
I see the problem. You don't need to mash your plug into them. Gently insert the prongs into the receptacles.

Treat them like a woman. :cool:

USMC1302

Thanks for the scoop, will try P&S next time. This was a TR/WR GFI by Leviton. Have tried several plugs and that thing is pain on each.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
X2. I've had inspectors get down and look close to make sure they're TRs.

Your inspector needs one of these. They are still free from leviton. Do him/her a favor and get one for them. Here is the web page to get them.

I also have not had any problems with P&S

ibcGetAttachment.jsp

Status
Not open for further replies.