transformer oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
A developer that I work with is giving me the last look at a job that I had passed on last month and told me the job is mine if I get him the price by 2 pm friday.The only part of this job I have no recent experence with is the removal an disposal of a 500 kva padmount, does anyone have any ballpark estimates on the cost of testing and proper disposal of pcb laden oil.I have not done this in the past 10 years and worry it might take days to price.

bbaumer

No PCB's but I did have a couple of 20 year old large motor-generators in the basement of a building I had to remove 6 or 7 years ago. Don't remember the size now, maybe 150KVA each. They provided ride-through power for momentary outages at a data center. We replaced them with UPS's and a diesel generator.

Anyhow, these weighed several thousand pounds each and were a bit of a pain to move to an areaway and rig because their wasn't much room to manuever in the basement nor to get the crane in outside.

I was gonna get them out and sell for scrap and hope to recover at least some of the labor and rigging cost. Instead I called G-T Distribution and they came and did all the rigging set them on a truck and were gone. Didn't cost me anything. He told me later he cleared $5,000 after expenses by selling the MG sets to some outfit in Texas. We were both happy with the deal. I didn't have to fool with them at all and he made money by knowing where the market was for the equipment.

Thanks I did not see a website or email address so I will try to call him in the morning.With my name being assosiated with this thing I will want everything done per EPA DEC requirements the same way I deal with lamp & ballast disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.