Transformer Secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
240.21(B) deals with "feeder taps." That doesn't apply to the transformer secondary conductors that you have described.

240.21(C) is the proper section for your installation.

To be fair to the OP, his original post was asking about the value of the OCPD, not the location. But since he mentioned the 70 foot figure I felt obligated to call it out. That seemed to offend him.
It's a shame as I am sure that there are many here would be happy to educate him on this and he is missing a learning opportunity.

To be fair to the OP, his original post was asking about the value of the OCPD, not the location. But since he mentioned the 70 foot figure I felt obligated to call it out. That seemed to offend him.
It's a shame as I am sure that there are many here would be happy to educate him on this and he is missing a learning opportunity.

Thanks to everyone for your input. I am now placing ocpd next to the transformer and using a MLO panel. I also figured out that several other transformer installations at the Mill we're working at are not up to code as per 240.21(A) states location of ocpd. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.