trench in areas of high water table...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICK NAPIER

What is usually done here is you secure your conduit down and partially fill the spot every ten or twenty feet depending on the size of the conduit. The bigger the conduit the more it wants to float. Then call for inspection. We inspectors generally accept this here as an adequate way to deal with a difficult situation.

Last edited:

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
..wash it to where? It would stay IN the conduit, if anything it would help to disperse it.:dunce:

Do you think lube would be more effective installed on wire in a dry conduit or dispersed and diluted in umpteen gallons of water in a filled conduit?

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
What is usually done here is you secure your conduit down and partially fill the spot every ten or twenty feet depending on the size of the conduit. The bigger the conduit the more it wants to float. Then call for inspection. We inspectors generally accept this here as an adequate way to deal with a difficult situation.

1/2" emt cross staked and tie wired generally keeps pvc from floating when you pour....
if you are building a duct bank, and using chairs or doughnuts for 2" separation, and
proper encasement, just cross staking them so the emt runs diagonally thru the rack
makes it pretty float proof.... i tend to go about every 8' on 4" pvc.

ignoring the staking is second in entertainment value to the compressor dewatering
technique described earlier.... ;-)

kwired

Electron manager

You obviously have not been around high water in sandy soil like we have many places around my area.You do not have to cover every ten or twenty feet, it covers itself entirely within minutes after you place the conduit.

What is going to be there that an inspector needs to see really bad? If he wants to know how deep it is all he needs is a probe to shove in the ground and feel for it. The probe will shove in easy in this type of ground. I suppose someone could use plumbing pipe instead of electrical conduit. If inspecting an install by an electrician that is not too likely, and even if it does happen, ... I guess it is just too bad, don't really see that it will ever be a problem. If an inspector wants to see every little detail maybe he should just be on the installers payroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.