Tricky bonding 4" rigid

Status
Not open for further replies.

rburdick

Occupation
Electrician
I'm in a little bit of a situation here and I would like some ideas.

I have 2-4" pieces of rigid coming out of a slab about 3". These pieces of rigid threaded into rigid 90s in the ground which then transition to PVC. I need to bond the two pieces of rigid sticking out of the ground. The ends are threaded. Chipping out concrete isn't an option really
Unfortunately the 2 pieces of rigid got stuck tight next to each other and I can't get bonding bushings on them. I'm trying to figure out the best option here.
I could cut one down and thread a bushing on it but then I'd have to figure out how to bond the other one.

Any thoughts? Haven't talked with my inspector about it just yet, wanted to come up with a good potential solution first. Is there any type of bonding strap that is UL listed for wrapping around a pipe? Was also thinking maybe a 4" pipe clamp to go around both pipes at once type of thing.

rburdick

Occupation
Electrician
T&B makes a grounding bushing that goes on a unthreaded rigid conduit, it’s called a blackjack
Right but the 2 pipes are essentially tight next to each other. Maybe an 1/8" at the most between them. Maybe I could use a regular bond bushing on one and then cut the other one down an inch or so and then try to fit one of those on the 2nd one.

Status
Not open for further replies.